2 short questions


4 Posts
Reply Posted on: Jun 14, 2012 at 3:20am
Dear Dr. Braverman
I live in Austria

Here I was told I can have a test for NK cells in a hospital (not a place which specializes in Reproductive immunology) Is it okay to have a NK test in such a place or does it have to be a specialized reproductive Immunology place/cliniq? In other words would you as a RI specialist be able to use the result from an NK test obtained in a "normal hospital"?

After 5 years of minimal endometriosis and only 2 chemical pregnancies and one ectopic I am considering endometriosis surgery (again). Do you recommend surgery for endometriosis or not?


Dr. Braverman

2024 Posts
RE: 2 short questions Posted on: Jun 14, 2012 at 4:57am
Hi Amber, I didnt see this this post before answering your last question. With endometriosis I think its fine to take the supplements you asked about. I dont think you will benefit by just looking at one immune cell(i.e. NK cell). To decide if there is an immunologic component you need to look at the entire immune system, otherwise you will be basing your decisions on incomplete information.
I can arrrange for all the proper testing and have it shipped to our lab here in the US, then I can guide you on correct management if you wish To do this just email or call my office for a SKYPE or telephone consultation.

Yes I do beleive surgery to ablate as much endometriosis is always a good idea.
Dr. Jeffrey Braverman MD FACOG
Medical Director
Braverman Reproductive Immunology P.C.