Four Miscarriages

Pina

0 Posts
Reply Four Miscarriages Posted on: Apr 20, 2011 at 10:04pm
Last December I was 6 weeks pregnant to twins, when I went for a sonogram there was no fetal heartbeat and was told it was a missed abortion and that if I delivered the twins that they would not have been able to survive outside of me. I had a d and c on Jan 18th, 2010. I decided to go see a high risk and he performed and bunch of exams on me and found that I had a vitamin D deficiancy, and one mutation of the MTHR and was told i needed luvonx next time i got pregnant. Sure enough I was pregnant in Feb and began taking luvonox along with a baby aspirin, vitamin D 5,000 IU, and prenatal vitamins. When I was 9 weeks pregnant I went for a sonogram and sure enough there was no fetal heartbeat once again, the baby measured 8 weeks and 4 days. Had a d and c on June 10. I was told they were going test the fetus to see if there was something wrong, sure enough the test came back negative. My doctor told me to see a rumatologist, hemotologist, and genetic counselor. All my tests came back negative, however my husband was tested and he has 3 mutations of the MTHR factor. We then went to Mount Sounai to see Dr. Rebarber and he assured us that my husband and my thrombofilia would not be a reason for my miscarriages. So we decided to try again and I became pregnant in Sept and miscarried at 8 weeks 6 days. At this point i was so upset and angry that we didnt know what to do. So we decided to see a fertility specialist at NYU (Dr. Grifo) he decided for me to do ivf with pgd (preimplantation genetics diagnosis). I began taking the fertility medications follistim, ganirelex, menopur, you name it i took. to make a long story short they removed 21 eggs and only 6 were good. Remind you all my pregnancies were boys. so now on March 17th, 2011 they transfered 2 eggs which were boys and only one took. I was told that 96% chance i was having this baby and only a 4% chance that i will miscarry, well I lost the baby yet AGAIN yesterday and was only 7 weeks 2 days.. I am literally numb and dont know what to think oor do. Going for a d and c tomorrow and was told there may be a chromosonal abnormality that the pgd didnt pick up on. I need your help!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any suggestions! IM so upset and angry i dont know what else to do. Thank you

Dr. Braverman

2024 Posts
Re: Four Miscarriages Posted on: Apr 22, 2011 at 3:30am
I beleive the D and C will be normal and there are certainly other very treatable factors at work here. You need to call me and schedule a consultation so I can get you the proper testing for this situation. The longer you go without correct diagnosis and treatment the more you will have this outcome. I am away this week , but call the office and see if they can fit in a consult with me after next week. Im looking forward to assisting you.
Dr. Jeffrey Braverman MD FACOG
Medical Director
Braverman Reproductive Immunology P.C.

Pina

0 Posts
Reply Re: Four Miscarriages Posted on: Apr 22, 2011 at 11:34am
Thank you Dr. Braverman! Will call and make an appointment

Pina

0 Posts
Reply Re: Four Miscarriages Posted on: Oct 14, 2011 at 10:35pm
Dr. Braverman is an amazing doctor who i feel confident that he will make my wish come true! When I received a phone from Dr. Braverman about the email I sent him, not only was I shocked but I was amazed at how confident he was that I was going to have a child some day. He was very positive and made me feel so much better. When I went for the consultation I was afraid as to what I was going to hear but knew deep down inside he had a positive answer for my auto immune disorder. I am so happy to have met Dr. Braverman and cannot wait to start working with him on making my dream come true! Thanks Dr. Braverman for always being there to answer my questions no matter what time of the day it is. YOU ARE ONE DEDICATED DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!