Reduce placental inflammation when taking during the first trimester and through the pregnancy (38).
For more information, read our blog
We have a thorough, research-based understanding of parameters affecting your egg quality including mitochondrial dysfunction, as well as the various ways to treat this condition.
We would be happy to help you take control of your fertility journey and answer any questions you may have. Questions? Call 516.584.8710
Our diet supplements are available for purchase. For more information about our supplements range, please consult our website.
1. de Ziegler D, Borghese B, Chapron C. Endometriosis and infertility: pathophysiology and management. Lancet. 2010 Aug 28;376(9742):730-8.
2. Kohl Schwartz AS, Wölfler MM, Mitter V, Rauchfuss M, Haeberlin F, Eberhard M, von Orelli S, Imthurn B, Imesch P, Fink D, Leeners B. Endometriosis, especially mild disease: a risk factor for miscarriages. Fertil Steril. 2017 Nov;108(5):806-814.e2.
3. Evans MB, Decherney AH. Fertility and Endometriosis. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2017 Sep;60(3):497-502.
4. Cohen J, Ziyyat A, Naoura I, et al. Effect of induced peritoneal endometriosis on oocyte and embryo quality in a mouse model. J Assist Reprod Genet 2015; 32:263–70.
5. Da Broi MG, Navarro PA. Oxidative stress and oocyte quality: ethiopathogenic mechanisms of minimal/mild endometriosis-related infertility. Cell Tissue Res 2016; 364:1–7.
6. Velarde MC, Aghajanova L, Nezhat CR, Giudice LC. Increased mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase/extracellularly regulated kinase activity in human endometrial stromal fibroblasts of women with endometriosis reduces 3’,5’-cyclic adenosine 5’-monophosphate inhibition of cyclin D1. Endocrinology. 2009;150: 4701–4712.
7. Santulli P, Borghese B, Noël J-C, Fayt I, Anaf V, de Ziegler D, et al. Hormonal therapy deregulates prostaglandin-endoperoxidase synthase 2 (PTGS2) expression in endometriotic tissues. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2014;99: 881–890.
8. Houshdaran S, Nezhat CR, Vo KC, Zelenko Z, Irwin JC, Giudice LC. Aberrant Endometrial DNA Methylome and Associated Gene Expression in Women with Endometriosis. Biol Reprod. 2016;95: 93.
9. Kao LC, Germeyer A, Tulac S, Lobo S, Yang JP, Taylor RN, et al. Expression profiling of endometrium from women with endometriosis reveals candidate genes for disease-based implantation failure and infertility. Endocrinology. 2003;144: 2870–2881. pmid:12810542
10. Ahn SH, Khalaj K, Young SL, Lessey BA, Koti M, Tayade C. Immune-inflammation gene signatures in endometriosis patients. Fertil Steril. 2016;106: 1420–1431.e7.
11. Lee TC, Ho HC. Effects of prostaglandin E2 and vascular endothelial growth factor on sperm might lead to endometriosis-associated infertility. Fertil Steril. 2011 Jan;95(1):360-2.
12. Barbonetti A, Vassallo MR, Antonangelo C, Nuccetelli V, D'Angeli A, Pelliccione F, Giorgi M, Francavilla F, Francavilla S. RANTES and human sperm fertilizing ability: effect on acrosome reaction and sperm/oocyte fusion. Mol Hum Reprod. 2008 Jul;14(7):387-91.
13. Ceviren AK, Ozcelik NT, Urfan A, et al. Characteristic cytoplasmic morphology of oocytes in endometriosis patients and its effect on the outcome of assisted reproduction treatments cycles. IVF Lite 2014; 1:88–93.
14. Shebl O, Sifferlinger I, Habelsberger A, et al. Oocyte competence in in vitro fertilization and intracytoplasmic sperm injection patients suffering from endometriosis and its possible association with subsequent treatment outcome: a matched case-control study. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2017; 96:736–44.
15. Da Broi MG, Jordão AA Jr, Ferriani RA, Navarro PA. Oocyte oxidative DNA damage may be involved in minimal/mild endometriosis-related infertility. Mol Reprod Dev. 2018 Feb;85(2):128-136.
16. Seino, T., Saito, H., Kaneko, T., Takahashi, T., Kawachiya, S., & Kurachi, H. (2002). Eight-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine in granulosa cells is correlated with the quality of oocytes and embryos in an in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer program. Fertility and Sterility, 77(6),1184–1190.
17. Tamura, H., Takasaki, A., Miwa, I., Taniguchi, K., Maekawa, R., Asada, H, Sugino, N. (2008). Oxidative stress impairs oocyte quality and melatonin protects oocytes from free radical damage and improves fertilization rate. Journal of Pineal Research, 44(3), 280–287.
18. Song Y, Liu J, Qiu Z, Chen D, Luo C, Liu X, Hua R, Zhu X, Lin Y, Li L, Liu W, Quan S. Advanced oxidation protein products from the follicular microenvironment and their role in infertile women with endometriosis. Exp Ther Med. 2018 an;15(1):479-486.
19. Giorgi VS, Da Broi MG, Paz CC, Ferriani RA, Navarro PA. N-Acetyl-Cysteine and l-Carnitine Prevent Meiotic Oocyte Damage Induced by Follicular Fluid From Infertile Women With Mild Endometriosis. Reprod Sci. 2016 Mar;23(3):342-51.
20. Jianini BTGM, Giorgi VSI, Da Broi MG, de Paz CCP, Rosa E Silva JC, Ferriani RA, Navarro PA. Peritoneal Fluid from Infertile Women with Minimal/Mild
Endometriosis Compromises the Meiotic Spindle of Metaphase II Bovine Oocytes: A Pilot Study. Reprod Sci. 2017 Sep;24(9):1304-1311.
21. Sharma RK, Azeem A, Agarwal A. Spindle and chromosomal alterations in metaphase II oocytes. Reprod Sci 2013;20: 1293–301.
22. Dib LA, Ara_ujo MCPM, Giorgenon RC, et al. Noninvasive imaging of the meiotic spindle of in vivo matured oocytes from infertile women with endometriosis. Reprod Sci 2013; 20:456–62.
23. Liu L, Trimarchi JR, Navarro P, et al. Oxidative stress contributes to arsenic-induced telomere attrition, chromosome instability, and apoptosis. J Biol Chem 2003; 278:31998–2004.
24. Xu B, Guo N, Zhang XM, Shi W, Tong XH, Iqbal F, Liu YS. Oocyte quality is decreased in women with minimal or mild endometriosis. Sci Rep. 2015 May
25. Lessey BA, Lebovic DI, Taylor RN. Eutopic endometrium in women with endometriosis: ground zero for the study of implantation defects. Semin Reprod Med. 2013 Mar; 31(2):109-24.
26. Słabuszewska-Jóźwiak A, Ciebiera M, Baran A, Jakiel G. Effectiveness of laparoscopic surgeries in treating infertility related to endometriosis. Ann Agric Environ Med. 2015; 22(2):329-31.
27. Jin X, Ruiz Beguerie J. Laparoscopic surgery for subfertility related to endometriosis: a metaanalysis. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2014 Sep; 53(3):303-8. Review.
28. Budak E, Fernández Sánchez M, Bellver J, Cerveró A, Simón C, Pellicer A. Interactions of the hormones leptin, ghrelin, adiponectin, resistin, and PYY3-36 with the reproductive system. Fertil Steril. 2006 Jun;85(6):1563-81. Review.
29. Anifandis G, Koutselini E, Stefanidis I, Liakopoulos V, Leivaditis C, Mantzavinos T, Vamvakopoulos N. Serum and follicular fluid leptin levels are correlated with human embryo quality. Reproduction. 2005 Dec;130(6):917-21.
30. Kawamura K, Sato N, Fukuda J, Kodama H, Kumagai J, Tanikawa H, Nakamura A, Tanaka T. Leptin promotes the development of mouse preimplantation embryos in vitro. Endocrinology. 2002 May;143(5):1922-31.
31. Castellucci M, De Matteis R, Meisser A, Cancello R, Monsurrò V, Islami D, Sarzani R, Marzioni D, Cinti S, Bischof P. Leptin modulates extracellular matrix
molecules and metalloproteinases: possible implications for trophoblast invasion. Mol Hum Reprod. 2000 Oct;6(10):951-8.
32. Hammiche F, Vujkovic M, Wijburg W, de Vries JH, Macklon NS, Laven JS, Steegers-Theunissen RP. Increased preconception omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid intake improves embryo morphology
33. Johnsen GM, Basak S, Weedon-Fekjær MS, Staff AC, Duttaroy AK. Docosahexaenoic acid stimulates tube formation in first trimester trophoblast cells, HTR8/SVneo. Placenta. 2011 Sep;32(9):626-32.
34. Hariri M, Ghiasvand R, Shiranian A, Askari G, Iraj B, Salehi-Abargouei A.
Does omega-3 fatty acids supplementation affect circulating leptin levels? Asystematic review and meta-analysis on randomized controlled clinical trials. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2015 Feb;82(2):221-8.
35. Di Cintio E, Parazzini F, Chatenoud L, Surace M, Benzi G, Zanconato G, La Vecchia C. Dietary factors and risk of spontaneous abortion. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2001 Mar;95(1):132-6.
36. Lazzarin N, Vaquero E, Exacoustos C, Bertonotti E, Romanini ME, Arduini D. Low-dose aspirin and omega-3 fatty acids improve uterine artery blood flow velocity in women with recurrent miscarriage due to impaired uterine perfusion. Fertil Steril. 2009 Jul;92(1):296-300.
37. Olsen SF, Sørensen JD, Secher NJ, Hedegaard M, Henriksen TB, Hansen HS, Grant A. Randomised controlled trial of effect of fish-oil supplementation on pregnancy duration. Lancet. 1992 Apr 25;339(8800):1003-7.
38. Haghiac M, Yang XH, Presley L, Smith S, Dettelback S, Minium J, Belury MA,
Catalano PM, Hauguel-de Mouzon S. Dietary Omega-3 Fatty Acid Supplementation Reduces Inflammation in Obese Pregnant Women: A Randomized Double-Blind Controlled Clinical Trial. PLoS One. 2015 Sep 4;10(9): e0137309.